The recent CES gadget showcase threw forward all the usual must-have items of the future – as with seemingly ever launch, this included yet more environmentally-friendly cars; a flying Hyundai and a wireless record player whose feature of “a tone arm which returns to its original setting after playing the record” had us feeling that the future might actually be 1964. Far more exciting is the new innovation in the world in which there have been staggeringly few advances for decades.
Welcome everyone to the future of bogs – the Kohler Numi 2.0 Intelligent Toilet. Intelligent toilets! Quite possibly the toilet’s intelligence would out-weigh your own if you were so cavalier with your cash that you’d hand over $7000 (or $8000) for the pleasure. So what do you get for your money?
- Built-in Amazon Alexa. Do you need company on the toilet? As one of the few places you can truly be alone, we suspect not
- Lighting around the back and base which can be set to either static or rotating colours. Oddly enticing.
- Kohler’s Purewarmth toilet seat – a slight concern as to the repercussions if this went haywire
- A toilet seat that lifts automatically as you approach it – magic!
- Toilets flushes itself as you walk away
- Busy bathroom? You can pre-set your own settings to suit each member of the household
- Mysterious “washing attachments” are mentioned. We didn’t investigate further.